Thursday, November 12, 2009

Life Testimony (4 years ago)

I asked myself, "What kind of life have I lived for the past years? Did I ever contemplate about the most intrinsic definition of life?" Now with my most straightforward answer to this self-asked question, I didn’t! Life for me was earth-centered. I wasn’t even thinking that one day I’d be facing the most crucial part of my life and that is death.


My definition of life was actually lifeless! It’s like a Dead Sea existing without even knowing and utilizing its purpose. I was once wanderlust, seeking for those earthly desires yet I was nowhere to be found. I thought it would be best if I’d do this and do that, partying like there’s no tomorrow, spending money for senseless pleasantries, and believing foolish advices which have only brought me much deeper to the grave. That time when I was a cumbersome being, I was carrying a luggage of great pride and anguish. I believed that after a night spent with friends, singing and drinking, I’d wake up with a renewed kind of life free from hurts and tears. But, how wrong I was! What I got instead were exhausted body, distressed mind and still, a heart full of burdens and pains. Consider it as a temporary abode, living in a luxurious room for a while where sorrows are eased momentarily. At that point of my life, I was like searching for that missing piece of a jigsaw puzzle in a large pool of garbage with no one to help me out in finding that single fragment. But one day, the most amazing turning point of my life had occurred and all this happened because of this much-long unnoticed book waiting to be read, the Bible!


The change in my life was gradual. It didn’t take me a single reading to modify my thoughts and ways entirely, not even now. But as weeks and months went by, I realized that my perspectives in life were slowly coming to a change, a change which I truly consider remarkable! Little did I know that I was beginning to establish a fellowship with a Man whom I had been hearing since I was a child but then did not really know at all. His name is Jesus, the One who presented me the true essence of life, what it’s like to be living with a purpose and how it’s like to be fulfilling His own purposes, not mine. He helped me crossover the biggest barriers in my life which have been hindering me from walking in the path of righteousness and following God’s ways. I prayed to Him that one day, I’d be able to use the gifts that God has granted me with an unselfish desire of praising and exalting His name. As I talked to the Lord, my prayers were answered! Just because of that one-night meeting with someone I haven’t seen for quite a long time (my cousin), the pattern of my life had definitely changed! I was like a pick-up truck making a detour towards the bright open road and avoiding the dark tunnel that I used to travel along during my bad old days. I knew I was called and so with all determination and willingness, I obeyed. That great decision I had made has given me an inexplicable feeling of joy that no earthly thing can ever be compared to it.


Now I’m enjoying the renewed kind of life which God Himself had revealed to me, playing music for His glory, sharing wonderful experiences with my family, my friends, and with the new people whom I now consider as my second family, my church mates. I know that I’m just getting started and I plan to fulfill God’s scheme in any way I can until how long God intends to make me breathe. And whenever troubles and melancholy arise again, I believe that God’s love is my only windowpane, for only in Jesus I had discovered life’s utmost meaning… Thank You Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment