Thursday, November 12, 2009

No More Neverland

There was this little girl who was very fond of watching this tagalized cartoon series entitled Peter Pan. She was so amazed by the whole story, the characters and most especially, the place where the whole story evolved, Neverland. This little girl was so fascinated with the place and she pictured it out as a real paradise filled with pine trees, different flowers, streams and rivers and a gazillion hectares of green fields. Funny how she’d always climb up into their rooftop and just stare at the blue sky, imagining that she could fly to the land of the unknown.


While she was growing up, the thought of the place still lingered in her thoughts and it was very evident in her art works, poetry and song-writing. Seeing nature such as pine trees makes her feel at ease. Shallow? Yes maybe but not for her. The ultimate dream for her was to live in that kind of place. America she thought. Korea, Australia and New Zealand were also great options. But despite of all these day-dreaming stuff she had been doing, she was suddenly struck by this one statement. “There is no contentment in this lifetime.” The girl realized that no matter where her feet brought her, her heart will still have a vast room for unending desires, thirsty for a much greener pasture. And so I contemplated. Oh, did I just say “I”? By the way, the girl I’ve been talking about is me. Yes I reflected.


Just before my whole world was almost buried six feet below the ground, I found the answer. The place I have been dying to go to my entire life is not of this world. Not America, not Australia or not even the Caribbean. It is far beyond my wildest imagination or any man’s description. It is unfathomably beautiful, and its splendor has not even entered the minds of men. It is called heaven. Finally, I now know why they named that Peter pan place Never Land. Because there will NEVER be a place in this world that is meant to last for all eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment